WhatsApp Companion Mode: Often times people come across a situation when they feel that they need to use their WhatsApp account on multiple devices at the same time! And now you’ll be happy to know that this is no longer just a possibility as the company has started adding such a feature.
Yes! we’re talkin’whatsapp companion mode(WhatsApp Companion Mode), which is now available for select Android beta users.
Join our Telegram channel to get all such news! 🙁Telegram channel link,
in fact WABetaInfo According to a recent report, the world’s most popular instant messaging service, WhatsApp, has started rolling out a new ‘companion mode’ for Android beta users. It is believed that this feature can be rolled out to all users in a few months.
The biggest advantage of this feature is that WhatsApp users can use their WhatsApp account by connecting their WhatsApp account to another phone other than their current phone.
With this new ‘companion mode’, users will be able to use their existing account on up to four devices simultaneously. Interestingly, the linked devices will be able to use the WhatsApp account, even if the users primary device is off the network or has no internet connection.
Although this ‘companion mode’ is currently limited to web clients and PC applications, this picture seems to be changing soon.
How to use WhatsApp Companion Mode?
Let’s know how WhatsApp’s new ‘companion mode’ can be used?
As per the information revealed so far, Android beta users who have been given this ‘Companion Mode’ can use this new feature as follows;
- First of all, go to WhatsApp on the secondary device and click on the three dots in the upper right corner.
- After this select the option ‘Link a Device’, after that the QR Code will appear.
- After this open the WhatsApp app on your primary device.
- Then select the Settings option and then tap on Linked Devices.
- In Linked Devices option you will see ‘Link a Device’, tap on it.
- After this, scan the QR displayed on the secondary device with the phone’s camera.
- Now once the devices are linked, ‘Companion Mode’ will be activated on the secondary device.
Explain that after linking a WhatsApp account on a new mobile phone, the chat history of your primary device will be synced across all the linked devices. For example, if you receive a message on WhatsApp, the message will be delivered to the app on all linked devices.
According to the report, all your personal messages and calls will be end-to-end encrypted, regardless of whether you use WhatsApp from any linked mobile phone.